This last week in England, has however, been quite busy......
1. Wedding dress shopping with daughter ( well, Mark’s daughter, but I have part shares) Jodie, the 3 bridesmaids, the bride’s real mother, and 5 week old grandaughter Izzie. It was a bit like a charabanc arriving at each of the wedding dress shops. Anyway......successful outcome.....dress is magnificent. (Wedding in September)
|Daughter Jess, supervising 5 week old grandaughter Izzie, while what seemed like dozens of us helped Jodie decide on a wedding dress.|
2. Daughter Jessie, came home from uni. for a week, to write an essay on John Osborne....could have been stressful, but worked out ok...we probably wont look back in anger too much !
|Whilst Jess was writing her John Osborne essay, we remembered that my Uncle Kit had written the music for an Osborne musical in the late 50s.....it was a dismal failure.|
3. Dentist appointment....no I cancelled it, too busy and I’m not in pain.
4. Hairdressers appointment.... vital, hair is now nearly the right shade of orange to spend the rest of the spring in France.
5. Grandson Liam’s 4th birthday ...... brilliant afternoon playing Sponge Bob fishing game and a matching pirate card game. I have never heard anyone giggle as much as that child. He had a good day.
|Liam fishing for Sponge Bob|
and still to come......
require egg hunt.
7. Bank Holiday Monday family meal, requiring stunning chocolate cake to be adorned with rabbits and chickens and flowers etc etc, so quite a bit of baking and chocolate making planned...... and another egg hunt
8. Last visit to the gym for months.
9. Decisions about what to take out to France this trip....must take baking powder, as I still haven’t been able to discover it in any of the supermarkets near Caunes.
10. Packing.... agghhhh.
11. House to be clean and tidy, and able to be left for weeks...plants to be arranged for neighbour to come in and water, keys to be left with the right people.
12. Bid farewell to the crows behind my house....the fledglings will have gone by the time I’m back.
|The birthday boy enjoying the card game|
Then all I need to do is find my list of things to do when I get to the house in Caunes.....