Saturday 6 December 2014

Buzzing around

Beautiful Stoodley Pike
I have so many potential posts buzzing around my head at the moment.
I have been wanting to blog about gardening in the Minervois, comparing it with the Yorkshire gardening I do, including some details about a wonderful gardening course I went on in Caunes, just before I left.

I want to write about some of the walks I've done since being back in Yorkshire.

I have loads I want to write about working in the Hospice shop.....although, the manager and I have joked about the TV sit-com we could write....so maybe the blog will have to wait until we have become famous as writers of the latest block busting TV show. Now Miranda is ending her show...maybe she’ll be available to play one of the volunteers.

Christmas meal with the staff and volunteers from the Overgate Hospice shop in Hebden Bridge.
I have made some breakthroughs in my family history research and want to share some of that. Discovering the dying words of a great uncle and aunt, through a “War Cry” article from the 1920s, was quite something. So I now have the urge to share a little about the life of my great uncle Leopold his wife and his amazing children.

Miriam Murch....one of my great uncle Leopold's children, who devoted her life to the Salvation Army
Today I became livid to discover that the law supposedly ending the use of wild animals in British circuses has been stalled due to the outrageous ignorance and stupidity of 3 Tory mps. I blogged earlier in the year about the awful situation in France, when I stumbled upon tigers and a hippo being caged up on a traffic island in Carcassonne prior to being dragged around the French countryside in wagons no bigger than a postage stamp. Now I find that the Brits are just as bad. Aggghhhh.

So.....as all these things pile up in my head, and Christmas approaches, and there are walks to go on, French to practice, my up and coming 60th birthday party to plan, grandchildren to spend time with, concerts in Hebden Bridge to attend, and of course, the shop to work in......nothing is getting written.

I am reading blogs, perhaps not interacting through commenting as much as I’d like to.....but time just seems to dash on.

Anyway, if I don’t get around to blogging again before Christmas, I hope you all have a really happy one.

 I will write the things I am thinking about.....but  it may be a while before I get around to them.

In the meantime, I’m just going to include a few photos of my very small and crowded “workspace”. Calling it an office would be overstating things. It is more like a very crowded cupboard. I hope to be spending more time in it soon, so I can get these buzzing blogs written.



All of the above photos show my "workspace"......the last image being my grandfather, with his 3 wives. Technically, only the first, Hylda, was really his wife. My grandmother, on the right,Queenie, was the third.

15 comments:

  1. Just take it as it comes...it will be great to read your blogs when they emerge from the ether...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so frustrating to not get round to writing. I realise what a dreadful author I would be...there would always be something else to do, rather than write that novel.

      Delete
  2. I know how you feel Janice. I have a lot going on in my head too but never seem to have the time to write it. I only seem to write about the dogs, but that's more for my interested supporters, but also a record for me. It's very annoying about the halt on the circus law...and trust the Tories to be the ones to stall it.

    Looking forward to reading some of your stories in the new year when you have time. Hope you all have a lovely Christmas xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you and Mr A and all the dogs have a great Christmas..fondest love Jx

      Delete
  3. It will all be worth waiting for. We'll watch this space.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Advent....a time to Be Calm; Wait Patiently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun - a blog about the topics on your mind! Looking forward to some interesting posts in the new year - especially Uncle Leopold and his family. I'm with you re the circus - so sad that they still exist; it has been many years since I refused to go to them because seeing the poor animals upset me. Yet still it goes on.
    Your workspace resembles mine a lot - I also have the bookshelves, holding many other bits, plus a table, in one corner of a bedroom. Needs must. Happy weekend Janice xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound even busier than I am and I really do understand about those buzzing blogs, fun time, planning (Janice? 60?? No way!!!!) and how fascinating to learn yet more about your incredible family. Your little workspace looks very inviting and I'm sure when you have time, it will be most conducive to writing some great posts and yes, why not a sit-com too.
    We will wait! Enjoy this lovely festive time - much love to you all.
    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of love to you and yours Annie. Jxxx

      Delete
  7. Ahhhhh . . . I know that feeling of thoughts overcrowding the brain and now time to dust them out, Janice. All in good time. Enjoy your holidays and family. I'll be here waiting when you have time. (of course, it took me three days to read and comment on your post. tee hee).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your brain sounds much like mine, Janice - ideas aplenty, but none of them making it onto the page just now. Given the interesting variety of topics you've touched on, I look forward to some fascinating posts when time allows. In the meantime have a wonderful Christmas with your lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I've said to Helen... I now know I will never write a novel....no time !
      have a lovely Christmas P. Jxx

      Delete
  9. I can't wait to hear more about your Murch family as Mr N has them too (I think you mentioned them on a previous post, ages ago). I sometimes buy a subscription to the British Newspaper Archive and have there found actual words spoken by ancestors and much more - worth a try if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You managed to get a lot of those thoughts down here today. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and i ope to catch up as the next year rolls around. Hugs Suex

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, you tease, promising all these things and then not following through! Your workspace looks wonderfully tidy and organised - if you want to see crowded cupboards come to my house. Wishing you a healthy, happy 2015 with enough time put by for blogging!

    ReplyDelete